Saturday, December 28, 2013

Felt Nativity Scene

This year I had my sister for Christmas and her request was a felt nativity scene. I've never done a felt project but thought it would be fun. Let me tell you, it was a blast! I loved not having millions of strings all over to clean up. 
First I started with cutting the felt into little characters and hot glued them together. 
I bought a large felt sheet for lack of a better term to use as the board for the locations I created. 
After laying out the pieces I cut it down to size. 
In order to make the sheet look finished I folded the edges toward the back by about 3/8 of an inch and pinned. I sewed a 1/4 of an inch from the folded edge. In order to hang the board I folded the top down a half an inch and sewed. 

Once I thought I was done I decided to add a pocket to keep the characters from getting lost. I cut a large square to add as a pocket for the characters and sewed 1/8 of an inch from the edge of the pocket. I worried the places would get ripped or break so I glued them in place. 
Merry Christmas cute little nieces!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment