Saturday, December 28, 2013

Entertainment Center Turned Shelf

Today's project was found for free on online. I wanted something for my closet to hold put my make up, jewelry and hair products. Using a sanding block I started sanding and roughing up the black finish all over the MFD wood. I also unscrewed and removed the doors.

 I painted the entire thing with a white primer. After a few coats of primer I started painting with my colored paint, grey and blue. After letting the paint dry over night I was ready to add character. Using a ruler to measure parallel lines from the edge I started taping. Once the tape was in place I used a mini sponge roller to fill in the yellow.
Same thing with the bottom. I made parallel lines to the edge in tape so the height of the chevron would be uniform. When making the points it is really important to have sharp edges.




No comments:

Post a Comment